Happy Wednesday!! I am so honored to have been asked to be a Guest designer by Steph and Jess for the Whimsical Wednesday challenge.
Create an altered item.
If you are like me you would rather spend your money on crafting items like stamps, paper, cartridges, etc. Not actually on the containers to hold them. In a month or so my husband will be finished building my craft room and I realized I needed stuff for the desks and shelves he is building, ( yes he is building those too) . When I went out to the store I saw how expensive the containers are and they do not match my decor I have a lot of red ( even my cricut is Red). So I decided to make my own containers using the Gerber Graduates Cheese Puff cans ( don’t worry I don’t eat those lol I have a toddler).
I found a paper stack that had paper that have the two colors I am using in my craft room!!!
I stitched around the tags and inked the letters and added some little doodling with my white gel pen..
- cut a strip of paper 4 inches by 12 in
- using Modpage cover the can ( i do it in sections) and apply paper
- I cut the tags using Gypsy Wonderings at 2.75 height x3.75 width (red part)
- inner tag was cut at 3 in wide x2 in high
- the letters were cut at 1/2 an inch
- glue the two tags together and then the letters on top
- add any doodling you may want
- with Modpage glue the tag to the container let dry
- put another coat of Modpage over it all, making sure to get a good coat and cover it all especially the letters
- When it is dry you can add any other elements you want using a hot glue gun
- can (you can also use powdered formula cans)
- Compete Boy Paper stack by My Mind’s Eye
- Gypsy Wanderings (tags)
- School book Cartridge ( letters)
- hot glue gun
- flowers,brads, ribbon
- White gel pen
Simple and fun to make! The best thing is that you can use what ever paper you want to match your decor. I made 4 so far but I have 4 more to go, I like everything to have its own place lol!
Here is a sneak peek at what Stephanie and Jess made. To view their entire projects check out their blogs…..
Steph Always Crafting
JessMy Scrap diary
Thanks for stopping by Hope you get to do some crafting today!
Lots of Cricut love,