Monday, April 11, 2011

Scrapbookaholic by Abby Challenge #3 Parade float

Hello bloggy friends!! Today Is Challenge day over at Scrapbookaholic by Abby! I hope you all had a wonerful weekend! I was super busy crafting!

Here in San Antonio we are having our annual Fiesta and there is a huge carnival and parades, food, music all kinds of fun things going on for two weeks! During this time of year the kids always have a parade at school with shoebox floats, well my kids came home friday and said that all 3 of them needed a float...BY MONDAY!!!! Ahhhhh!!

Well I knew what I wanted to make right away for my son Phillip's float and the theme I had in mind went perfectlly with Abby's challenge this week :)!! So here it is... ( it was hard to get good pics.)
I added the string to pull it after I took the pic..oops
Here is a pic of the top view of the float
Close up of the fishing deer
I put some clear plastic as the windows for the car and I used foam squares
to make some of the trees pop out  a little
Close up of the animals. I made the fish look like they were
jumping out of the water and added the ripples with markers.
I forgot to take a pic of the back of the float but it says Lets go Campin

I will admit it was a lot of work but I really like the way it turned out and my sons loves it! He wants to put it on his in his room when the parade is over!

Materials used:
  • Campin Critters Cart
  • tissue paper
  • shoebox
  • wire ( to hold up the animals)
  • hot glue gun
  • foam squares
  • All the paper is from Walmarts Colorbok campin colors paper stack
I hope you like it I am actually really happy with it and his teacher LOVED it this moring so that made me feel good!! Thanks for stopping by and taking a look dont forget to see what my Dt sisters created I know they are all amazing! Can't wait to see what you all create for this challenge!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow this is absolutley adorable.

JennyKozar said...

This is adorable!!! Great job.

Carley said...

This is so super cute! You are so super creative!!!!
Hugs
Carley

Cindy Beland said...

Your project Just blew me away how BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING it is!!!SUPER JOB GIRL!! :)

Abby said...

OMGosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just tooooo cute!!!! Now, was that a project the "kids" had to create!?!? I am not allowed to "help" my kids anymore!! LOL not from the teachers, from my kids!!! It is LOVELY!!!!!

Erika Valdez said...

LOL Abby it was a family kind of project! My kids helped me put all the little pieces together and glue the tissue onto the box. The teachers love when my kids walk in with projects haha, they say they are always awaiting anxiously for my kids LOL.

Glora said...

WOW! This is AMAZING! A lot of work, but well worth the effort! Hugs- Glora

Unknown said...

wow wow wow way cute love it all your hard work really payed off it is great

Sharon said...

Oh My Gosh!! This is fantasticly awesome!!! I love it! :)

Bunnyfreak said...

WOW WOW. This is awesome.

Alvina said...

WOW that is beautiful!!!

Zoey and the furballs said...

That is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pammejo said...

This is so amazing, I just love it. All the details just make you study it closer. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. TFS

pammejo1@yahoo.com
http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/

Curt Jensen said...

Erika - I am the designer who created illustrated this cartridge, and I love seeing what you did with it! Awesome job!

Unknown said...

This is insanely amazing!!!!

Gabriela Sandoval said...

This is adorable.

SherriC. said...

WOW WOW WOW
I love this , it is amazing
I really need to get this cart now....

My Scrap Diary said...

Wow!!!!! This is great!!! You totally rocked that cartridge. Yeah i dont blame your son for wanting to keep it in his room. You are totally the cool crafty mom. I'm curious to see the other floats. I'm sure they're as great as this one!

Rebecca said...

Can we see the other floats? I didn't even know of "shoe box parades" until now. You did a fantastic job on the camping float.

Anonymous said...

Erika, this sure looked like a lot of work and 3 of them! OMG! I don't know how you do it!!! Great job though and I'm sure the teachers loved it!

Janis Lewis said...

This is freakin' amazing!

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

What an adorable creation! I'm sure everyone was impressed at school!